Sunday, September 2, 2012

More Adventurous Baking

In my previous post I mentioned that I hosted a bonfire/campout in celebration (not a very appropriate word considering we aren't very happy about it) of the last weekend of summer. It was very fun though. There was   roasting of marshmallows, mini hot dogs, and tons of smores were made. Along with the various chips, dips, and veggies for snacking, I had to bake something! A chocolate chip cookie seemed to be the best way to please everyone, because who doesn't love a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie!?

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp melted and cooled until warm unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar 
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 325, line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and set aside. In an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients. Beat at low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.


Using your hands, grab about a teaspoon of batter and roughly form a ball. (You don't want to roll it into a perfect ball). Leave about 2-inches between each cookie. Bake for 11- 14 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden and the middle is still soft. 

Cool and transfer to cooling rack. 




Along with Chocolate Chip Cookies, I also made Gluten-Free Brownies because my best friend is a celiac. They were surprisingly really good. I didn't tell others that they were gluten-free, and even they enjoyed them! I think someone even tried to roast one over the fire... I'm not too sure how that went haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment